Friday, April 10, 2015

Busy, Busy, Busy...But Fun

On Friday morning, I drove over to Crystal's to babysit Avery and Hannah while she took her car in for a minor repair and ran some errands.  Avery, Hannah and I played and played and played.  First, Avery made a train with her chairs...


and then we played dress-up with Hannah wearing a stylish purple hat...


...and us trying on each other's shoes.


I remembered Linus' trick in a Charlie Brown Christmas and turned a baby blanket in to a shepherd hat for Avery.


And Avery learned how to take a selfie!


We played and played and played and then a storm came through and Avery got a little scared of the thunder and crawled up in my lap with her hands over her ears.  I was able to get both girls in my lap for about 10 minutes.  That was nice!


After babysitting Avery and Hannah, Chuck and I went to the tire store where we had bought tires last year and got the tires rotated on the CRV before our big trip out west.  And then, we went over to Tafanie and Cory's to babysit Bell, Emmaline and Ruby while they went to the opening game of the Atlanta Braves.

The first thing we did was put the Mouse Trap Game together that  we had given Bell for her birthday.  I had this game when I was a little girl but it didn't go together quite the same way.  After Chuck did a little work on it, he got the mouse trap to work.  Maybe we should have used this when Mr. Rat was on board!  :)


We played with the girls for awhile and then ate dinner.  Chuck fed Ruby and she ate every bite!


After dinner, Ruby decided to go for a drive in her car.  :)


Another thunderstorm came through but this one had a lot of heavy wind, rain and even some hail.  It rained so hard it blew in under a couple of doors and windows so we were busy finding towels to dry up the water.  Fortunately, the storm went through fairly quickly.  Chuck drove out to check on the RV for a few minutes and there was no damage there either.

After putting Ruby to bed, we played with Bell and Emmaline until it was time for them to go to bed.  They are very good about taking turns jumping on their mini-trampoline and Bell told us about all the places that she thinks are fun to go to like the dinosaur museum and the zoo and the aquarium.

After the girls had gone to sleep, I talked to Bonnie for a few minutes on the phone and we discussed campgrounds around Zion and Bryce.  We are looking forward to meeting up with them next week to begin our southwest adventure together.

The rest of the evening was pretty quiet.  Tafanie and Cory ended up leaving around the 8th inning of the game because the game had gotten rain-delayed and it was getting so late.  But the Braves did end up winning!  Yeah!

When we were getting ready to leave, I could not find my flip-flops anywhere.  I tiptoed into Bell and Emmaline's room to see if I had left them in there but couldn't find them anywhere.  I'm either becoming totally forgetful or a little granddaughter decided to wear them awhile and forgot to tell MiMa where she put them.  :)  Tafanie loaned me a pair of her flip-flops so I didn't have to go home barefooted!  :)

It is amazing how fast all our granddaughters are growing.  They are all so precious and we are so blessed!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment