Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Time to rest and catch up

On Tuesday morning, we walked over to Donald & Anna's camper so we could say good-bye as they were heading back home today.  :(  We have had a lot of fun with them during the past month at Daytona, Disney World, and here at Silver Springs.  We'll see you when we are back in Tennessee next month!  :)

I spent a couple of hours at the pool Tuesday afternoon reading my Kindle and enjoying the very nice weather.  Chuck grilled some turkey burgers while I sauteed some vegetables for dinner.  Mmmmm.  Delicious!  

It rained quite a bit Tuesday night and the clouds were still hanging around Wednesday morning but we were able to get most of our walk in later that morning.  What does this look like to you?


It's pollen.  We had noticed on the cars and after last night's rain, it was along a lot of the streets.


No wonder Chuck, Donald & Anna have been coughing and sneezing so.  

After our walk, we went into town to run some errands.  The light indicator on the switch for our hot water heater (that reminds us that the hot water heater is on) had gone out.  We picked up a new switch at Tri-Am RV Center and Chuck installed it when we got back to the camper.  Since I had a coupon from Sonny's for a free barbecue sandwich, we stopped there before going to Walmart for our groceries.

When we drove by one of the ponds in the campground, we saw one of the alligators out on the edge enjoying the sun.


After getting the groceries put away, I drove back down to the pond to get a better picture of the "little" guy.


He was probably about 3 feet long.  


I was able to see one of his two brothers (or sisters?) floating in the pond too.


We have been seeing these 3 alligators almost every time we have been at Wilderness this year.  It seems like they have each grown about a foot since the beginning of the year.

After sunset, we went for a short walk to get the rest of our 10,000 steps in.  We could see the moon up in the dusky sky.


Not quite a full moon yet.


I still think it is so cool how our camera can zoom up so that you can see the craters on the moon.


The Gregory Barber Shop opened for business later that evening.


Of course, its only customers are Chuck and me.  Chuck colors my hair.  Got to keep that gray away.  :)  And I buzz-cut Chuck's hair with trimmers which reminds me of a funny story that I don't think I ever shared with you.

Last year, when we were in the Badlands,


on another night when the moon was full,


the Gregory Barber Shop opened for business.


The only customer this evening was Chuck and the barber was me.  I had buzz-cut about one-half of Chuck's head when I dropped the trimmers...and broke the plastic #2 comb that fits on top of the trimmers.  OH NO!!!!  We are out in the middle of nowhere.


I mean, really, you can't see anything but Badlands for miles.


O.K. I'm exaggerating a just a little bit.  But seriously, Interior, South Dakota, has a population of 99 and there was no Sally's Supply Store to get a new #2 comb or a barber shop to finish getting Chuck's hair cut. I was either going to have to finish cutting his hair without the comb (which would have meant he would have been "scalped") or he would have to go around with a half-cut head until we could get to a barber or a Sally's.  However, Chuck worked on the trimmer and with his duct-tape ingenuity, he duct-taped the comb to the trimmer so I could finish cutting his hair.  :)  We picked up a new comb for the trimmer when we were in Rapid City but the trimmer now makes a very loud noise when I'm cutting his hair that reminds us of this funny story every time I cut his hair.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment