Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Resting at Wilderness

We left Themeworld RV Park in Davenport on Saturday morning and headed back up to Wilderness RV Resort in Silver Springs.  As you know if you have been reading our blog, Wilderness RV Park is one of our favorite parks in Florida.  It is a nice park with nice people and they honor Passport America.  Unfortunately, this is the last winter they will honor Passport America.  Because the nightly rate will cost us twice as much, we will probably not be staying here as much in the future.  :(

We were assigned site #89 in the Preserve section of the park. You can see how nice their sites are in the Preserve.


Chuck and I must have been pretty tired from all the Daytona and Disney happenings because we both took naps Saturday afternoon.  We did manage to get 8,000 steps in walking around the park that night.  The sky was clear and we could see lots of stars.

Sunday morning was another beautiful day.  After church, we stopped by Wal-Mart to get stocked up on groceries.  Since the weather was so nice, we went to the pool for about an hour.


The water was chilly when we first got in but felt pretty good after we had been in the pool for a few minutes.  Later, we watched the NASCAR race and just did nothing...which was kind of nice.  Donald and Anna arrived later that day and we all went to Sonny's for some very tasty barbecue that evening for dinner.

On Monday morning when we were starting our walk, a man walking by our RV pointed out an eagle in the trees at the back of sites on the street behind us.


The eagle stayed up there for the longest time.  I guess he was just resting or watching for something to eat.  :)


We began our walk by walking down to the Ocklawaha River.  The River was quite a bit higher than it was this time last year.



When we reached the Village section of the park, we stopped by and visited with our friends Marc and Rhea from Quebec for a few minutes and then by Donald & Anna's too.  We stopped by the office to see about reserving a site for Chuck's brother and sister-in-law (Jerry and Pam) who were coming here Wednesday for a couple of nights.  The campground is almost completely booked but site #35 in the Village section of the park was available for a couple of nights.


Later that afternoon, I enjoyed sitting outside in the sun and reading my book for an hour or so.  Below is the view from my reading spot.  Pretty nice!


I stayed outside until I thought I began to feel the no-see-ums start to bite.  Like chiggers, I usually don't know if I have gotten bitten until a couple of days later.  I should know by Wednesday.  :)



Donald and Anna came over for dinner Monday night.  I haven't cooked in so long I wondered if I remembered how.  Everyone seemed to enjoy my homemade lasagna so I guess I still remember.  :)  After dinner, we played another couple of games of SkipBo.  The cards have definitely been falling in Anna and Chuck's favor lately.  I think it is time to change games...and maybe our luck!  :)

Tuesday was another restful day of walking, getting caught up on the blog, checking out the campsites at Silver River State Park, and going to El Toreo in Silver Springs for dinner with Donald & Anna.  Back at Donald & Anna's, we had some delicious strawberry shortcake for dessert and played the card game "Golf."  Donald won one game and Anna won the other.  Chuck's score and my score were much higher.  More like what we would have in a real golf game.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment