Saturday, October 11, 2014

Days are Getting Shorter

We have managed to start walking a little earlier every day.  Today we got started a little before 7 am.  The temperatures are more pleasant (70's) by walking early in the morning but the sun is getting later and later coming up as the days get shorter and shorter.

By the time we had walked to Lake Hancock on our first lap around, the sun had not risen over the clouds in the eastern horizon yet.


We looked to see if we could see any alligators; but I guess they were still sleeping.


The meadow behind the campground looks like the perfect place for deer...


...but we haven't seen any yet.


With our three mornings of walking, I got a nice big blister on my little toe on my right foot.  Probably going to take a day off tomorrow.

After breakfast, Chuck colored my hair for me.  I think my hair grows even faster now that I am prematurely gray.  (Ha! Ha!)  Anyways, Chuck took care of those pesky gray roots before the football games got started and he even painted my nails later that evening!


Am I spoiled or what???

There were a lot of good college football games on today so we spent most of the day watching football.  For dinner, we tried an easy grilled salmon recipe I found on www.allrecipes.com.  We also grilled some asparagus and zucchini.  Very tasty!  And healthy too!


By the way, I forgot to put on my blog that we found out that the black clumps that we saw on Carrabelle Beach were NOT from the BP spill.  We talked to a couple who lived on Carrabelle Beach and they said the black clumps are from where the surf from past hurricanes have come in and torn up the asphalt roads and pulled it out into the water.  They said BP did investigate thoroughly the waters off Carrabelle but found no damage from the spill.  I have corrected the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment