Monday, August 24, 2015

Happy Valley

We had a non-eventful but beautiful drive into Pennsylvania on Sunday.  We filled up with diesel in Ohio because it was about 25 cents cheaper than in Pennsylvania.  Of course, we probably spent all that savings on toll roads!  Seemed like we were on the road just a short time before being welcomed into Pennsylvania.


Pennsylvania reminds us very much of the rolling hills and green mountains of east Tennessee.


We arrived at the campground we were going to be staying at for the next 3 nights:  Gram & Pap's Fort Bellafonte Campground.


The campground is on a hillside with sites kind of scattered around.  The roads were gravel and rutted making it a little bumpy following the camp host to our site.  But our site was nice with partial shade and a view of the valley in front of us.


I had made an appointment ahead of time in State College, PA, to get my hair trimmed and get the gray removed.  (It just keeps coming back!)  Normally, I have my in-house hair technician take care of getting rid of the gray but since I was wanting it trimmed a little bit, I decided to go to a professional.  I got the appointment for Monday and we drove into town on Sunday to find out where it was.

Penn State's football stadium to the right.
However, I didn't think about the fact that the fall session for Penn State would be starting up!  When we found the hair salon which was right across the street from Penn State, there were kids (and parents) everywhere!

So....we got up early Monday morning and drove back into State College, PA, not only for my 8:30 appointment but to get a parking space!  We were plenty early and there were plenty of parking spaces.  Another thing I forgot about college kids:  most of them sleep late!

We got there early enough to enjoy breakfast at The Diner a couple of doors down from the hair salon.


We had a tasty breakfast and tried something new:  Grilled Stickies!  They were delicious!


By the time we finished breakfast, we walked to the hair salon.  While I was getting my hair worked on, Chuck walked around the town and Penn State.


One of the problems you hear most frequently from fulltimers is finding people who will cut and fix your hair the way you like.  Well, I agree completely with this.  The young lady who colored and trimmed my hair was very nice but three hours later, it looked as good as when Chuck takes care of coloring my hair!  Lesson learned:  when on the road, stick with my one personal hair technician!
Since Chuck had gotten all of his walking exercise in that morning while waiting on me, I decided to walk around the campground to get a little walking exercise after we got back home.

Another view of our campsite.
The campground and the area surrounding the campground is beautiful.  A green, peaceful, happy valley!  :)


The weather was so nice we enjoyed sitting outside for a while before going in to watch another round of the Little League World Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment