Monday, January 13, 2014

Last day at Wilderness

The weather was our favorite temperature Monday morning:  light-jacket weather.  Not too hot.  Not too cold. We got our 10,000 steps in this morning after breakfast and then headed to Wal-mart to pick up some groceries.

I think we have been to Wal-mart every day but one since we have been here.  It never fails.  I think I have made the perfect grocery list of everything we need and within an hour of unloading all the groceries at the camper, we think of something we missed.  

Marc and Rhea, our friends from Quebec, were coming over for dinner, which gave me a good excuse to clean the motorhome.  I had decided to fix lasagna for dinner.  For years, I have just taken the easy way out for my spaghetti or lasagna sauce and used Prego and added ground beef, and bell peppers and some onion.  Tonight, I decided to fix my sauce from scratch.  I let it simmer for about an hour before putting the lasagna in the oven to cook.  It was delicious!  (Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back there, Melissa!)

Anyways, everyone thought it was pretty good too.  The best part of the evening was just visiting and talking with Marc and Rhea and learning more about Quebec, a place we would like to visit some day!




No comments:

Post a Comment