Thursday, December 17, 2015

A Wonderful Week at Wanee

We left Suncoast Designs in Hudson, FL, a little after 8 am on Thursday, December 10th and arrived at Wanee Lake Golf & RV Park around mid-afternoon.  As we were getting set up, we met our next door neighbors, Ron and Shirley Harrison, from Lebanon, VA.  Like us, they have discovered what a little gem Wanee Lake is...particularly if you like golf!

We got set up on site #2...


and enjoyed one of several sunsets at Wanee that evening.


On Friday morning, Chuck and I played our first round of golf for the week.  Chuck played a pretty good game and I beat my lowest score (but we won't say what that is!).  

Chuck hitting across the water on the 8th hole.
We played golf again on Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday and played with Ron and Shirley for just about all of the rounds.  Ron and Shirley are very good golfers and we enjoyed so much the chance to get to play with them and learning from them.  

Shirley could drive that ball just about wherever she wanted it to go.
Ron is an excellent driver too!  
The happy golfers on the 1st tee!
After a day of golf, we would get together and enjoyed talking about the game, getting to know each other, and swapping RVing stories.  


With the nice weather, Chuck was able to grill almost every night.  And we had a few more nice sunsets.


On Wednesday, we started playing our last round of golf a little earlier because we were wanting to get the game in before it started raining. I wasn't playing very well and was getting just a little flustered.  I think Shirley could tell I was getting flustered and when we got to the second hole, she showed me how to keep my left arm straight as I swung and told me to focus on just getting consistent on that for right now.  That's what I did and my drives and strokes were quite a bit better for the rest of the game.  My direction still needs a lot of work (as well as my chipping and putting and everything else), but I'll work on that later!  Thanks, Shirley!

I think Chuck improved his game over the week too.  His drives were much better.  And with Ron's help, our chipping got a little better too.  

It sprinkled on us for a few minutes on the back nine (which is the same as the front nine) on that last afternoon.  As we walked over to the green for the 8th/17th hole, the lake was perfectly still.  In the two pictures below, it's hard to tell which way is the sky and which way is the lake.  Can you tell?  



Below is the uncropped picture.  


Wow!  What a great week it has been!  Ron and Shirley were so easy to play golf with.  We never felt rushed and they made the game more fun!  We sure appreciated their patience with us considering how bad we play!  And Wanee Lake is such a perfect little park to play golf.  I think Chuck and I both improved our game a bit.  Of course, we've got a long way to go, but we'll have fun getting better.

Ron and Shirley, thanks for a great week of golf!  We look forward to maybe seeing you again at Wanee or Florida or wherever!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment