Sunday, December 21, 2014

Birthday Fun in San Antonio

Sunday morning, my birthday, began with a voice mail message from my mom singing Happy Birthday to me.  What a great way to start my birthday!

Next, Chuck and I went to an early church service on the north side of San Antonio where the focus of the service was on Christmas songs and their meanings.  The minister would say something about the history of the Christmas song or who wrote it and their inspiration and then we would sing the Christmas song.  It was so awesome singing those Christmas carols and remembering Jesus, the REAL reason for Christmas!  :)

After we got back home, I got a call from Ken & Bonnie singing happy birthday to me!  It was so good to talk to them and hear how they and all of their family is doing!

Chuck had found a screw in one of the tires of our car; so we went to a local Pep Boys Tire & Service to get it fixed.  Because this was the first time we had been to Pep Boys for tire service, they fixed it for free!  Happy Birthday again!

And on top of that, there was a car show going on out in the parking lot.


Okay, this part of my birthday should really be considered more for Chuck but still it was fun walking around looking at the old cars while we were waiting for them to work on our car.





I liked this old car even though it didn't have the bright colors but was in very good shape.


And there was one of Chuck's favorite old cars:  the '23 T.


After getting our tire fixed, we went to lunch with Tim & Nancy, Warren & Joslyn, and Terry & Gloria.  Tim & Nancy got a new motorhome yesterday...


,,,and we had helped them move all their things out of their old motorhome into the new motorhome and they took us all out to lupper to thank us for helping them.  Thanks for a delicious lupper, Tim & Nancy!!!  Congratulations on your beautiful new motorhome!!

Then, when we returned to the campground, they surprised me with a birthday party!!!





A little birdie named Chucky had told them a couple of days ago that today was my birthday.  :)


They even surprised me with presents!  A scarf, a Christmas candle and decorative towel, and a fragrant candle warmer!  WOW!  I was so surprised!  Thank you all SO MUCH!!

My birthday finished up with the cutest little movie from Avery saying Happy Birthday to MiMa that Crystal had emailed me and with what I think was all of the Van Wyngardens in Iowa singing happy birthday to me.

What a wonderful birthday!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment