Saturday, October 22, 2016

80th Birthday Surprise!

My favorite movie of all time is It's a Wonderful Life.  It's based on the story of George Bailey who always wanted the most out of life but at the same time blessed so many people without even realizing it.  At a pivotal point in his life, he was given the gift by his guardian angel of seeing what his life would have been like had he never been born.  After seeing that gift, he realized how "rich" he really was and how so many people had been touched and blessed by his presence in their lives. 

I think about my mom when I think of that movie.  I think about how many hundreds and probably thousands of lives she has touched and blessed with her life.  She has blessed me and my family by being an awesome mom, grandma and great-grandma.  And, over the years I have witnessed how she has touched and blessed the lives of so many. 

This past Saturday I was made aware once again of how many lives she has blessed when nearly everyone Chuck and I invited came to her surprise birthday party.  It's hard to pull off a surprise on my mom because she is such a planner.  But I think Chuck and I succeeded when she walked into a room filled with grandchildren, great-grandchildren, sisters, nieces, nephews, and in-laws from near and far who came to celebrate her 80th birthday and her wonderful life that has so blessed them too.

Thank you to everyone who came and celebrated with us.  Below is a slideshow from the event so you can enjoy it with us!  



Click HERE if you are unable to open the above video.  

After the party, the kids, grandkids and great-grandkids, all went back to mama's condo where her birthday party was extended into the night.  Tafanie, Cory, Bell, Emmaline and Ruby spent the night with my mom while Crystal, Grant, Avery and Hannah spent the night with us.  









My cousin, Diane, came back to mama's condo with us that evening too which was an extra treat because we had not seen Diane in years.  With five grandchildren herself, I think Diane was accustomed to the craziness of five little girls running around and playing -- even walking around in her dress shoes!



On Sunday morning, we met at Cracker Barrel for a big breakfast before Tafanie and Crystal and their families had to head back home to Atlanta.





It was a busy but fun weekend.  It was so great to see and visit with everyone who came to celebrate mama's birthday! 

Thanks again to everyone who came to the party and celebrated with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment