Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Years in San Antonio

Well, it's been almost two months since my last post so I figured it was time to get catch up!

After spending time with our family back in Nashville and Atlanta over Christmas, we returned to San Antonio on Sunday, December 28th.  The weather was cool but we decided to try to get some golf lessons in at the Republic Golf Course where we had joined their "Play Better Golf" membership.  For $50 you get your first lesson free and every lesson after that is only $10 for a 30 minute lesson.  Tom Olson is the teacher and he is very good.  We had taken a couple of lessons before Christmas and were anxious to get some more lessons in while we were staying in San Antonio.

On Wednesday, we went for our lessons even though it was SO COLD.  I had my lesson first and then I ran inside to the golf clubhouse to warm up with some hot chocolate...


...while watching Chuck freeze while taking his lesson.  How do you like his golf hoodie?  I think that may be the new style in golf apparel.  :)


Travelers World had a terrific New Year's Eve party.  The rec hall was all decorated and they even had balloons ready for a balloon drop at the stroke of midnight.


We welcomed 2015 in with our friends and had a fun time!


That weekend, about 12 of us went to a dive/honkytonk about 20 miles east of San Antonio called Mr. T's Ice House.


They have a unique event there on the weekends called Chicken Bingo.


Actually, it's called something else but since our blog is G-rated, I left out one of the words.  :)  Everyone who wants to play Chicken Bingo buys one or two $1 tickets.  Chuck and I both bought two tickets and I gave of my tickets to Joslyn since she didn't get a chance to buy one.  As soon as they have sold all their tickets, they put a chicken into the coup...


...and whatever number the chicken poops on first is the winner.  And guess who won the first round of Chicken Bingo?  Joslyn!  She kept trying to give me the ticket back but I wouldn't let her.  I said that's your ticket and you won.  Go get your $114 girl!


For the next round of Chicken Bingo, Chuck and I and bought two $1 tickets.  And guess who won this time?  Me!


We were two lucky girls!


Actually, we're all lucky to have such wonderful friends at Travelers World!  When the beautiful sun started to set, we all headed back home.



No comments:

Post a Comment